Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Krelboynes

• Piama

• Total voters

admin

Retired Administrator
Whats your favourite regular character, not one of the main ones, or one of the guest stars but those that appear in it or appeared in it an a regular basis at one stage or another...

I think Craig and Capt Spangler are some of the funniest regular cast members, but so were Richie and Eric...

arach

I really liked Otto and Gretchen. Although they weren't very strong characters, they were very funny. Really stupid sometimes, so that even Francis looked reasonable compared to them. I don't know what fascinated me on them... the dialect, the optimism or the stupidity... I don't know. ^^

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Otto and Gretchen were like feel-good characters. They left you feeling happy with your life, as the whole series often does, you know?

I've always felt the Richie and company storylines have been shallow and stupid, if not downright boring.

I voted for Ida just because she's the funniest and most entertaining. Brings new life to the show every time she guest-stars. Cloris Leachman is a very talented actress.

ha03367

I loved the ones who were get over-anxious and excited over the smallest of things. (bit like Hal)

Therefore Eric gets my vote, followed by otto and two of the kids in the Kreyboynes. (the one with glasses and freckles, and the one with a bowl hair cut)

I think the signs that are on the Kid that wears gloves in the buseys are great.

Hendrix

Am I the only one that finds Ida really annoying? She reminds me a lot of the family version of Lavernia. She makes everyone miserable and we're supposed to think it is funny. I only liked her in 'The Grandparents'. After that, she became completely annoying.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Oh, I liked Lavernia too!

Just kidding, please don't make that comparison!! Ida is funny; Lavernia is annoying.

arach

Hendrix said:
Am I the only one that finds Ida really annoying? She reminds me a lot of the family version of Lavernia. She makes everyone miserable and we're supposed to think it is funny. I only liked her in 'The Grandparents'. After that, she became completely annoying.
No, you're not the only one. I think the same way too. I don't like Ida and never did. The only good episode with her was Grandparents. The rest I didn't like. She is a creepy old person who makes everyone feel miserable (and me too!), and she really reminds me of my grandma, which makes it even worse. ;)

It's just a matter of taste.

Wemboy

I agree that Ida is not exactly a sympathetic character; but like Yardgames says Cloris Leachmen is a very talented actress, so she makes the character work. I like the Christmas episode in season 3 when Francis has to stay with her, it's like Francis' problems with Lois are trippled when he has to deal with Ida. Personally though, I voted for Craig, again I think David Anthony Higgins is a very funny guy. He was good in Ellen if anyone's ever watched that. As Craig he just seems to find the right blend between being frankly a little bit creepy but still managing to get the audience to feel sorry for him over his unrequited love for Lois. I just find him hilarious when, for instance, Hal forgets Lois' birthday in Season 2 and he just truns up with a massive present.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hendrix said:
i know what u mean sometimes i like the family to be happy - but pain is funny. i voted for ida cause she is so evil.......:cool:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
It has to be the Buseys.

" We're not stupid, we're just wierd."

Teacher: "That one(teacher points) eats paste. That one(teacher points again) tried to stab my with sissors. And that one (He points to the child with mittens covering his hands and signs warning of "Beware, do not touch" and "Do not ignore sign on front") tried to stab me with paste."
-Dewey's Special Class

I don't know his name so, Mitten boy: "If you can get me the paste, I can stab him for you."

That's a classic MITM moment right there. The Buseys are just so funny.

thanks yardgames.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's Chad! We'll see him in an upcoming ep entitled Chad's Sleepover.

I think the Buseys were a great idea, a real opposite to the former Krelboynes. In some eps, (Krelboyne Picnic, for example) they took the Krelboynes just a tad far, and in Buseys Run Away, they took the Buseys just a tad far. I like the exaggerated comedy, but sometimes it becomes weird or stupid instead of funny if it's taken too far.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I'm wondering why I'm the first one to vote for Piama. She's so cute and the character fits in very well. I had never thought that there could exist a "female francis"

allison

Dabney said:
I'm wondering why I'm the first one to vote for Piama. She's so cute and the character fits in very well. I had never thought that there could exist a "female francis"
You think she´s a female Francis? That´s pretty interesting, I always thought she´s a younger version of his mother. :D
I think my favourite regulars are Ida and Craig. Ida is-as some of you already said-really funny. The way she treats Lois all the time could be a reason for the way Lois turned out. When Ida comes for a visit Lois almost never finds the courage to speak her mind. She´s treated badly and unfair by her mother but instead of telling Ida what a horrible mother she is she yells at her kids and treats them the way she is treated by her mother.
But I could be wrong, this is only my personal impression. :D
But anyways Ida is great because she´s a real "entertainment feature" to the show, especially when she´s with Francis. I had to laugh so hard when Francis had to stay with her on Christmas and her cigarette fell under her dress. The look on Francis´face when he took it and how he "washed" his hands afterwards was so hilarious.
One of my favourite Ida lines is "You think that bothers me? Guess why your soup tasted different when you came back from bathroom." :D

Craig is one of my favourite regulars because his behaviour and the way people react to it is always very funny (like Reese when Craig started to sing at the end of "Malcolm holds his tongue") . I think he´s one of the characters who might be over the top, but who are still very funny and believable in a way.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
In my opinion, Lois doesn't take out her rage on her kids when her mother is around. if anything, she's nicer to her kids because she's realized she's become like her mother. Case in point would be Victor's Other Family, when she and Malcolm sort of confer about the situation: The birds stopped chatting as she approached the house.

allison

You´re right about that, but I meant that she´s in general very often mad at her children and almost behaves like her mother. So maybe if her mother wasn´t such a nasty person Lois wouldn´t be either (though Lois isn´t as evil as Ida). That´s what I meant. ;)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
@ allison:

Piama's family is actually as chaotic as Francis' is (remember "Christmas trees), and she also doesn't like and respect any rules, which makes her a "female francis". But you're right, she also behaves like lois in certain situations and wants to control francis.
But this is exactly the point which makes the character so interesting

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Lois is a control freak. It's in her genes. I think Ida makes her look nice, though, but I also think she's realized her kids are growing up in recent seaons and has morphed a bit.