Frankie Muniz Supports Rebuilding of New Orleans

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
[aimage=left]tnmm419.gif[/aimage]Frankie Muniz is turning his back on Hollywood to help rebuild fiancee Jamie Gandy's native New Orleans, Louisiana. Muniz's long-running TV comedy ends in May, and the young actor wants to spend the rest of the year aiding survivors of last year's Hurricane Katrina.​

He says, "Jamie was born and raised there. I figure, 'Go where she'll be the happiest.' New Orleans has a lot of rebuilding that needs to happen. It would be exciting for me to be there."​

The couple plan to use the time they spend in New Orleans preparing for their wedding. Muniz, 20, says, "We're hoping the wedding will be by the end of this year."
Source: Starpulse News Blog

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Now, no offense against Muniz--he's a great guy. And no offense against anyone who's in love with Muniz. But I really don't think he gives a darn about the city. He has to support it--he's a celebrity. Duh. It's popular. He has to. Either he supports it or he doesn't say anything at all. But he's just saying he supports it as his reason to the press for relocating there. Outside of helping Jamie (and this is where I hope I don't offend people) he isn't going to do much helping of the New Orleans area. And I'm still trying to figure out why he's so madly in love with Jamie. But that's another story altogether. :D I hope he proves me wrong and I commend him but at the same time, he's never been that big into that sort of thing. All his charities have alterior motives for him. Like his charity basketball games: he just likes playing basketball and likes the attention. I commend Frankie for trying, but I don't really believe it.

MITM18

I think its rude to talk about others when you truly truly dont know where they are coming from. What people present to the press doesnt mean what they mean in there heart and visa versa. He maybe has trouble getting words outand visa versa. But whatever the case is, I think its wrong to judge other people when you dont know them personally.

If the guy wants to support charaties while having fun, wonderful. Why not have some fun while helping out others. Its better than not helping out at all.

I just dont think its right for anyone to judge others when one hasnt done/experienced the same.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I did say I didn't intend to offend you, so I hope you don't take it that way. I stand behind my comments. To date, Frankie has been all talk, but he really hasn't done much charity work that truly benefits all charity and none him.

I'm not saying he should go out and do something he hates because it's good for society. I'm just saying that any volunteering he has done has had an alterior motive. And that's not bad. It just is. I can't say I've done much volunteering without an alterior motive. :D

simon_4420

I'm guessing that there might be an alterior motive, I'm sorry to say, but that doesn't mean that what he is doing is all for personal gain. New Orleans was hit bad and any kind of support from famous people is good for the re-building process. To be honest I think you would be hard pushed to find someone doing charity work without an alterior motive. I did some 2 years ago when I spent a year with other school friends raising money for schools in Africa (Malawi), but if I'm honest I did it for the trip to Malawi, but once I got there and spent a month with people that couldn't say thank-you enough for what we had done, my motive changed. It was the best time of my life and makes you think just how lucky you are:D . I would recommend that if you can do something for a charity atleast once in your life, nothing feels better:D :p

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yes, I agree with Simon. Charity is wonderful when you do something for people who really need it(like giving money to an African kid so they can make it through the day). In fact, as I believe in Christ, He said everyone's mission is to care for each other and help people in need.
I don't really know why yardgames is coming down on Frankie so hard, though. What do you suppose his alterior motive is? He just wants to help the people of New Orleans get their lives on track and he wants to help his fiancee. What's wrong with that? Im very happy to see him help out in the rebuilding effort(although I admit that Justin Berfield started to help right after the disaster, but that's irrelevant).

simon_4420

I would guess that his main motive would be Jamie, since it's her home town, I'm sure it means alot to her. But I'm sure that publicity comes into this, with a new movie coming out.:D Oh and it was filmed there too.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
The fact that Jamie is from New Orleans more than likely has something to do with his decision to join in the relief efforts. But regardless of what his motives are, the fact that he's helping is what counts. There's no need to argue over whether or not he has alterior motives. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Only Frankie can answer that question for sure.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sorry Simon, I wasn't talking to you or anyone else specifically. I was making a general statement. I just don't want to see this escalte into a real argument since there are some strong opinions on the matter. Sorry if it sounded like it was aimed at you. :D

alleyboy

Frankie and Justin "McDonald House" Berfield are two of the richest teen actors in Hollywood. Both have given their time and energy to many other causes you don't even hear about because they're not out clubbing around getting drunk and showing their asses for the papparazzi (Well at least not Justin). Bryan Cranston hosted KidSmartz and the entire cast does so much we don't see. Believe me, you really have to look deep in Hollywood to find any actor doing anything good if they're not posing for the cameras.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
this has clearly turned into heated debate. :S

tony_montana said:
Justin "mcdonald house" Berfield. I like that!:D I propose we all call him that for now on.

i dont get it?

mitm_gal

That is really sweet, he didn't have to go and help out, no one would have made a big thing out of it if he didn't do it so i say well done to him!