Favourite Seasons Poll

You favourite seasons are...

• Total voters

admin

Retired Administrator
Choose you top seasons in this poll. Do you like younger days of season 1 and 2, or do you prefer the late teenager days of season 5 and 6?? :eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think the pure genuity of season one was spectacular; nearly every episode became a classic, but I think I enjoyed season 4 the most. Many people say that was the worst, but I enjoyed it, and heck, the seocnd half changed the series in the biggest way we would see until Reese Joins the army.

The way the baby storylines were woven in throughout the season really was great thinking by the writers, and the classics, like "Forwards Backwards," "Christmas Trees," and "Malcolm Holds His Tongue" were entertaining, as well.

admin

Retired Administrator
Slightly off topic, but may I comment on have impressed I am with you MITM signature. If you made it yourself, why not consider entering our banner/logo competition!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Season 4 easily the best (i dont want to complain but i have allready posted about fav season in the last forum !! why cant old post come back....i like the new features and design but i thought the collection of posts were building up nicely) anyway forwards backwards excellant!!!! and as yardgames said the baby eps were really cool. Futrue malcolm was good bit different from usual nice change. and of course if boys were gitrsl which won an award right?

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
Season 4 easily the best (i dont want to complain but i have allready posted about fav season in the last forum !! why cant old post come back....i like the new features and design but i thought the collection of posts were building up nicely) anyway forwards backwards excellant!!!! and as yardgames said the baby eps were really cool. Futrue malcolm was good bit different from usual nice change. and of course if boys were gitrsl which won an award right?
Sadly the old forum pretty much was permanetly crashing, I could really do nothing about it - so eventually I just gave up, and built a new forum on my own servers. All the posts/usernames etc. were lost - It is not a problem though as today alone we have really increased the post count

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yeah i did have trouble getting on the old one shame about loosing it all. anyways its a new year.

Jak

Hi :)

I think Season 2 was the best season. I felt it built on the first season and the cast were more 'established' in their roles by this time. The later seasons just don't compare anymore. Rarely in season 4 or 5 has an episode made me really laugh out loud as much as one from season 1 or 2. I still love the show though, and even it's poorer episodes are funnier than anything else on TV.

Jak

admin

Retired Administrator
Jak said:
Hi :)

I think Season 2 was the best season. I felt it built on the first season and the cast were more 'established' in their roles by this time. The later seasons just don't compare anymore. Rarely in season 4 or 5 has an episode made me really laugh out loud as much as one from season 1 or 2. I still love the show though, and even it's poorer episodes are funnier than anything else on TV.

Jak
I would agree, the earlier seasons where by far much more entertaining the the later, I believe that the Krelboynes and Francis at the academy are what allowed the writers to create extremely funny story lines.

Jak

Yes the Academy was Francis' best setting. I thought the head soldier guy (can't remember his name right now :p) was almost as funny as the regular characters.

tiny_star_5

Season 2 and season 4 I though we're the best. Season 2 had hilarious episodes and season 4 started off great with the "Zoo" episode.

robert

admin said:
I would agree, the earlier seasons where by far much more entertaining the the later, I believe that the Krelboynes and Francis at the academy are what allowed the writers to create extremely funny story lines.
I agree with most of the older storylines being better overall, but there still are some good one in the most recent sesons. So I just voted for all of them. :eek:

Wemboy

I voted for season 2 as i think it's the most creative and consistently funny of all the seasons. Season 1 is obviously superb but i reckon the show benefits in the second season because the characters have had a chance to establish themselves a bit. Crucially season 2 strikes the right balance between treating the cast as an ensemble, and thus giving storylines to all the characters, but at the same time focusing the plots on Malcolm so his point of view is central. Season 4 is also really good, although it is perhaps not as consistent as 1 and 2. I like it because it focuses on Malcolm growing up, getting moody, adolescent and all that, but it still manages to be funny and has some really unique episodes like "If Boys Were Girls". On the other hand, I have to say that the storyline with Francis at the ranch is probably the weakest of all his situations, so that counts against season 4.

allison

I voted for season 2 (If I had known that you could vote for more than one season I would have voted for season 3 and 4, too:rolleyes: ). Though I think that each season has its great episodes and moments, I think that season 2 has most of the classic episodes. Season 1 was great, too, but it´s mainly focused on Malcolm and the other characters don´t have many own storylines. So this is what I personally like more about season 2. Season 3 is pretty good either. It was a little different from the 1st and 2nd season because you could really see how the kids had grown and their storylines became more adult, but it was a great season. I have to agree with the previous poster that season 4 was good, but the Francis plots were pretty weak. That´s actually also the only thing I didn´t like about that season.
Season 5 is my least favourite. I can´t explain why, but I think it had some of the "worst" (though they weren´t really bad) episodes. I think you could also see the way many of the characters had changed. Malcolm wasn´t that important to the show anymore and Dewey turned from the little weirdo he used to be into a smart and sarcastic kid. He also suddenly got along with Reese pretty well. I don´t think that all these changes were bad, but it was different from the original concept of the show, I think.
Season 6 seems pretty good to me so far. Standee, Malcolm´s car and Busey´s runaway weren´t the greatest episodes, but I really liked Pearl harbour, Hal sleepwalks and Reese comes home.
So I hope they´ll renew for a 7th season.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
admin said:
Slightly off topic, but may I comment on have impressed I am with you MITM signature. If you made it yourself, why not consider entering our banner/logo competition!
Huh? The competition's still on? I thought it closed a long time ago.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
wow your the first person to post here for like 5 months, welldone, as ive sed before he but ill say it again i like season 4 :D